Warrior: Extended Reach Weapon

Home Forums Character Builds Warrior: Extended Reach Weapon

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Touchofstrange
    Participant

I’m still relatively new to the game… my little warrior is only lvl 15. But damn have I been having fun with a lance and powers that do aoe damage, like Whirl of Blades. The extended range on the weapon has been great for situations where mobs like to stay distant! And terrifying blow has been a life saver.

Amon
    Participant

Touchofstrange,

Nice to see someone has discovered the joy of reach weapons and AOE. I personally love to use reach weapons right from the start as it is a great way to deal with the pesky Beratzu Summoners as they won’t teleport if you don’t move next to them.

Thanks for playing!
    Amon

BorisL
    Participant

Extended reach has some great benefits. I have put a lesser enemy between myself and a harder enemy, so the lesser enemy acts like a shield and then attacked the harder enemy. This strategy works well with creatures who can stun or paralyze your character. Obviously in this case, you don’t want an AOE effect because you can potentially kill your “shield” before the harder enemy.

Touchofstrange
    Participant

Some dozen levels later and I’m still loving AOE attacks, although I find myself dual-wielding now. Loved my +1 Reach for a lot of levels, but I had too many good purple items drop, so I decked myself out with a lot of Str & Con. 🙂 But between Dance of Death, Brutal Charge & Storm of Blows (not to mention a nice Juggernaut Advance buff), I have a lot of great options for dealing with those mobs that like to keep their distance. 🙂

Now… if I could just figure out how to deal with Death Cubes??? LOL Just encountered them for the first time. So far my strategy (after getting overwhelmed) is ‘run away’. LOL. Hoping to find another way to kill them fast enough they can’t duplicate.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.