One piece of armor that sets AC, instead of adds to AC

Home Forums Bug Reports One piece of armor that sets AC, instead of adds to AC

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jneedler
    Participant

I acquired the purple colored heavy armor called Irb’s Viscerian Steel Plate Armor of Mystery.

BUG SUMMARY: It seems to be setting my AC to 15 (not 17), and then only recognizing +evasion modifiers (but it doesn’t include the agility modifier).

Thanks
    It has a normal AC bonus of +11, and also grants +6 to AC (total of +17).

My AC without armor is 32, but when I add that one piece of equipment (no other changes), it sets my armor to 17 instead of 49.

Even stranger: it actually sets my AC at 15 when I remove all other gear. Then, if I add a piece of gear with +2 evasion, it changes my AC to 17. Those are the only two results I can get with that armor, regardless of what else I wear.

If you need more info, just let me know.

Thanks for a fun game!

jneedler
    Participant

Update: the +17 armor sets my AC to +15.

I figured out why the agility bonus to AC was being removed, I suppose that’s intentional.

I still don’t understand why +17 armor gives only +15 AC. Is that an intentional part of the game mechanics?

Amon
    Participant

It sounds like you figured out that heavy armor can only give agility bonus in certain situations. Namely if you have the Heavy Armor Specialization and your strength is at least twice the weight of the armor.

As for why it gives 15 instead of 17, is it possible you have a penalty to agility when not wearing items? If you can screen shot your conditions and your stats page, along with the item stats that would help me to figure out how it all adds up.

Thanks for playing!
    Amon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.