Mage: Summoner Dude

Home Forums Character Builds Mage: Summoner Dude

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Honk
    Participant

As a noob I was quite successful with a full summoner build up to now. Focus on escape and let the golem do the work. Amplify damage/remove traps as support, Dig/Create walls, Teleport and other escape spells. Enough drinks to overcome confusion/fear.
    In the beginning 25 or 50 additional mana seems to be crucial. When approaching ugly rooms (detect monsters), buff the golem with some drinks and reserve enough mana to get another one just in case. I will see how far I get.

jneedler
    Participant

I played around with a simple summoning build at low levels (Summon only, no other perks). It was ok, but eventually I reset and focused on the warrior path (level 14 now, so not very far myself).

I will say: I loved Mana Shield and having multiple Mana Regen items at lower levels, but around level 10-12 that didn’t seem to work any more as a survival tactic.

Good luck, and let us know how it works out for you!

Honk
    Participant

Level 18 at 600ft. The Dread lord was spooky, and you Must take care, That no monster sneaks by the golem as those poison demons or maw beasts can dish out immense damage in short time. But a teleport and created surrounding walls helped. So I could fight all those ghosts first and the other stuff later.

Honk
    Participant

Still working for me. I sit at depth 750 with level 20 and 40 mana recovery. Golem kills most Threats. Those ghosts (especially Dread Lords) are Most dangerous for me as I cannot shut the door by create wall. I am barely able to kill anything on my own.

Honk
    Participant

I‘m dead. The first lich got me, I suppose. Lost 100 Mana and was stunned. So I Chose to wait one turn for the stun to run out. No enemy near. Somebody
    got enough damage in from afar to clear the Mana shield for the first time since dungeon level 1, and That w
    was followed by 1600 damage – with around 600 health too much to live. Permadeath. Should have put up Wall of stone. Sigh. Next try

jneedler
    Participant

Yeah, permadeath is rough. I gave up on it a while ago.

I’ve died several times with this character (a mage now). Usually it’s because something gets a lucky critical hit for ~800 damage, which depletes my entire mana shield and HP bar all in one shot.

The powers that seem to work best for my mage are:
    Mana Storm
    Charged Bolts
    Energy Shield

There are other useful tools, but right now those are my ‘must haves.’

So far, warriors are much easier than mages.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.