I just ran into these cute little pink cubes of jello… I probably haven’t given myself enough time yet to suss them out, but after being surrounded by about 20 of them and nearly dying, an emergency teleport got me to safety and I’ve been avoiding them ever since. But… I’m not keen on the ‘run away’ strategy.
So, what’s the secret? Can I (as a melee, dual-wielding warrior) kill them? Do I need to pull them to traps? Cornering doesn’t work since they spawn all around. What am I missing?
I will give you a hint: try out different weapons on them to see if different damage types effect them in different ways. One or more of your weapons may be making the fight harder on you. You may have to carry a spare weapon specifically to handle Death Cubes.
I’ve gotten Death Cubes figured out… but now I’m working on the best way to get past the damn vampires! I get overwhelmed when I get pulled into those lovely red rooms of death! Killing them individually isn’t a problem; it’s getting surrounded by too many and all of their multi-hits. Between them and the other mobs casting at me, I can’t get an attack of before I’m whittled down to zero health. Just gonna keep working on gearing & leveling!! 🙂
Here are some ideas:
* using an aura like Cloak of blades will give you an attack on any creature that steps next to you. Since the swarms of vampires are minions they will die in one hit.
* use charging and teleport powers to move to strategic locations, such as outside the room where you can lure monsters in smaller groups.
* try to get skills and powers that give you interrupts or reactions. Triumphant charge combines well with interrupts or auras that kill minions since you get a free charge each time you kill one. You can use it to charge your way to a better position using multiple charges.
* having AOE damage on a weapon can be useful for clearing a path and ensuring there is alway a path for charging.
* if you can get some way to be incorporeal you can walk through walls giving you even more options. Some items can give you this option. This is especially effective if you can get telepathy.